Monday, December 10, 2007

San Diego - Part 1 - The trip out

Greetings all. It has been awhile since the last few posts due to work's end of year wrap ups and my own side projects. To that end, my family and I left balmy SWFL for the shores of the left coast. We are attending family event in beatiful San Diego and decided to take the week to explore prior. I have decided to post some of the pictures that I took on the way out and the first day. Also, if you have read any of my other posts, you know that will have made some observations and opinions that I will share along the way :). Below is a quick (and I do mean quick, since I rarely use a numbered list) run down of some things I have witnessed:

1.) People seem to be in their own little social enclaves here (unlike in FL, where you have highly social NYer's, southerners, and Midwesterners meeting and greeting each other). I hope it is not the norm and my observations will prove incorrect. I will say that in a bar on Coronado, there is more social interaction, probably due to the military presence there.

2.) The vegatation is the same as SWFL, with the exception of coconuts, xoria, spanish moss, and cyprus.

3.) The colder weather and hills are a nice change of pace to the endless heat and humidity that you get in SWFL (don't get my wrong, I love the heat and humidity). However, I think when I went inland away from the ocean, my sinus's went ape-sh!t. I would consider this area a place I would live (or at least summer) at this point. The expense of living is the only deterrent.

4.) I like the "no worries" saying that is pervasive here. Is it really no worries attitude, or just a local color saying?

Now, time for the pictures, with the first coming from the plane ride out (all were taken in this post with my Sony Ericsson 580i).

The plane wing, hehe:


Roswell, NM (see the little grey dudes? Me either):


These were the next morning at the Sunset Cliffs near the house we rented for the week:



A bunch of Kormorants drying off next to this peace sign on that lone cliff (I wonder who the nutty arse that climbed up there to put it on there was?)


A last shot of the Pacific that first morning:


I will post more in a bit. I apologize for the lack of decent writing, but we are constantly on the move seeing things. Until later, "no worries".

No comments: