Friday, October 30, 2009

Halloween Party with some old Eightbar Buddies

I just got back from a Halloween party - a virtual one with some of my old Eightbar colleagues from IBM (incidently, many have moved on to form their own companies such as Feeding Edge by Ian Hughes / Epredator).

It was on Almaden Island in Secondlife hosted by IBM Virtual Universe Community (VUC). A special thanks to the current guild master of the VUC Mary / Sharon Schmertzin for hosting and DJing.

Believe it or not, it was great to reconnect with people I have not talked to in a while from across the globe. I think virtual worlds are the next logical step in Social Media, an extension if you will of Facebook or Twitter. If you have not tried out Secondlife, I highly recommend you do and give it a chance (it does have a learning curve and sometimes the technology can be some what flaky). Look for me, Jeffrey Fanwood is my avatar name in world.

Some pictures of the event:


Me before I put on my costume - kind of a MJ Thriller thing going here.


That is me in the purple leather pants rocking out to Thriller actually.


Buggy Rich and Subdigit playing the piano - I like that painting in the corner too.


Another spooktackular scene.

Well, that is about it folks. Tomorrow is the real Halloween party at Jessica and I's home, we are expecting a time so good it will be scary (yeah, that is a bad joke).

Jeffrey

No comments: