Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Edison Inventors Association

My bride and I went to the monthly meeting for the Edison Inventors Association. It is held at the famous (or is that infamous) inventor's winter home laboratory in Fort Myers.

There were 3 products that were showcased. Impressed as always, all three were in the patent pending stages.

Also, we got to hear the expertise of 4 patent experts. One was a former US patent clerk manager for the 15 years. The other three were patent attorneys. I learned about Provisional patents, and "TRADE SECRETS" (which lead me to the thought that I want a trade secret instead of patent if I can get it!).

All and all, it was a good meeting. I recommend it at least once to anyone local.

~Jeffrey

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is certainly something that I would have enjoyed. Nothing like that up here that I'm aware of. I do know a patent attorney, though. He is annoying as hell. I don't know what that means....

Singing to Jeffrey's Tune said...

Where about are you located mlee? There is the United Inventors Association http://www.uiausa.org/

Perhaps there is a local chapter.

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday to you on Saturday, Jessica! And hello to you, too, Jeff!

Love you,

bobo melmel