Saturday, November 3, 2007

Convergence of leadership, the one common thread I have found

I have taken a few courses, attended a few workshops, read numerous articles, interviewed various participants, and tried various avenues myself, and I have found that leaders seem to have one common theme amongst them. They all tend to find some holding bucket for their FUD (fear, uncertainty, and doubt). Think about it. The ones that believe in God, will say "I place myself in God's hands". Or the ones that look to science, find themselves falling back to their immutable logic, theorems, and postulates to slide their FUD into. Likewise, the super crazy ones, shelve their FUD into their own divinity, and their supreme entity right to lead.

I find this ironic, since people look to these persons to alleviate their own fears in decision making, when most of them push the FUD onto something other than themselves? Now just whom is the foolish party here?

Maybe it is humans as a species are incapable of making decisions in the face ambiguity, uncertainty and possible unfavorable outcomes. So we just say to the Hell with it. Unlike animals, that tend not to think beyond instinct, when man is faced with something that could cause that, our brains overload, and we look to something outside of ourselves.

In short, maybe we have not evolved beyond instinct or if you are creationist, God left out that part, so we put our are faith in only him? Interesting question if you ask me.

No comments: