Sunday, December 7, 2008

Birthday fun - Night out in Downtown Fort Myers

The day was great. My bride and I, along with a good friend went to the Veranda, then to H2 and The Spirit of Bacchus for some after dinner dessert and drinks.

Though out of my normal price range, I recommend going to the Veranda for special occasions. I had an impressive veal chop, stuffed with Buffalo mozzarella. The wait staff was excellent. The setting was beautiful. I will say, the medium age is a little older than I am used too. But no worries, the piano guy kept everyone entertained.

H2, as always, was a fun time. Dana was our server and she was great! Call her "the wine lady". :) Harold even made me up Birthday wishes for my raspberry chocolate cake (I forget what it is called on the menu actually). Try the Flying Dog Ale or the Sierra Nevada Pale Ale on draft!

The Spirit of Bacchus is a great place. Charlie the bartender is always cordial and the atmosphere is pleasant. However, I was so full and relaxed from the dinner, wine, beer, and heat being on (it does get cool in SWFL ) I almost fell asleep on their comfy couches. I ended up with "couch hair" and decided it was time to call it a night.

We did attempt to walk off some of the dinner, and headed up to the Bar Association. However, they were closed at 11:30 on a Saturday. I am unsure if they just decided to shutter early, but there was a county notice to "stop work" on part of their building. I hope this bar doesn't leave, as it is a fun, casual place to hang out. So City of Fort Myers, get the last of the street-scaping finished!

All and all, it was great, low key birthday!

~Jeffrey

No comments: