Saturday, April 18, 2009

Edison Inventors Association - April Meeting

Great meeting this past Wednesday (I know, I am a little late on the posting, but hey, it is my blog so :P ). The meeting had a presentation by Bill McHenry on branding your invention. Also, I was able to meet Ronald Sargent - an inventor of many things that you see in everyday life.

Mill McHenry's presentation on Branding came out with two key points. Not only does one need to invent, one needs to be an entrepreneur. It was even mentioned by one of the members, that Thomas Edison was not only a great inventor, he was an even better entrepreneur, recognizing gaps in the market. To get in touch with Bill McHenry and his company Entrepreneur Sales and Marketing click the link.

Ronald Sargent has been inventing for a long time. He is the founder and owner of Ideation Institute. Some of his inventions include the Port-a-Potty, the jumping fountains at Disney's Epcot center and his newest is a mechanism that can turn any sealable plastic bag into a vacuum sealed bag (which he did with his father that is over 100 - fantastic in my book). He has also taken his method for creativity and created a seminar/training course. I plan to at least obtain a copy of his book for the seminar. Great stuff!

I have to say, the amount of inventor/entrepreneur's in the Southwest Florida area has surprised me. I am glad I stumbled upon the Edison Inventors Association. I will post about next month's meeting then.

~Jeffrey

2 comments:

Mike said...

I'm going to look up Ronald Sargent and add his Port-a-Potty to my "Who Invented What" list. Thanks for an interesting post!

Singing to Jeffrey's Tune said...

Look up his name Ronald J. Sargent in the patent archives. I think he has a couple.