Monday, April 13, 2009

The Monday after Easter - getting in the groove

I woke up early today as my wife kissed me good bye at 6:45AM. Stayed in bed for a bit longer reading Duma Key by Stephen King. Some good stuff, especially for someone that is infatuated with FL like I am. Did you know this? SK winters in Naples (or did at one time). He perceptions and observations of many things in the book are spot on.

What do I today I thought? Well, I got the mailbox up for the new tenant. They seem to be good people. Country folk, fair and hard working. I am still cautiously optimistic after the last bunch, but I have some faith.

I installed the tax software today (TaxCut) to get the taxes finished this evening. I should have it done tonight and submitted. Two days before they are due. Nothing like waiting to the last minute, but I love modern technology.

I will be working on some software using MS-SQL and ASP.NET and Visual Basic 2008. Wow, how that stuff changed since I used VB6.

However, tomorrow will be in part job hunt day. Looking to post my resume on all the job boards. I also plan to stock up on the freelance sites. I am looking forward to the skill tests to show me where I stand. So much to do on multiple fronts. I am still leaning toward my own business. Kinetic Thoughts Consulting again? Sounds good to me. The site needs updating.

I must get up and head out to the bank. I think I will ride my bike. So much for the blog entry. I still hurt in my neck sitting in this chair. I am looking forward to getting that fixed. A little scared too. Mixed emotional bag I guess.

I have rambled enough. Looking good out there in the SWFL sunshine. Getting my groove back.

~Jeffrey

No comments: