Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Find Something Positive in Everything

I have been reading Make Today Count by John C. Maxwell the last day or so. It is a short book, and a quick read (I suggest his Developing the Leader Within You as well). In the second chapter under the title Find Something Positive in Everything is a little prayer he refers to (I am not all that religious, but this prayer is inspiring):

Dear Lord,
So far today, I am doing all right. I have not gossiped, lost my temper, been greedy, grumpy, nasty, selfish, or self-indulgent. I have not whined, cursed, or eaten any chocolate.
However, I am going to get out of bed in a few minutes, and I will need a lot more help after that.
Amen.
I could have not said more prophetic words about how I feel. I just need to remind myself to find something positive in everything thing, especially when I am really blue. If this helps, good for you too.

~Jeffrey

No comments: