Monday, October 6, 2008

French Skype Spam

Skype, for those that don't know, is a free VOIP (voice over IP) service. You can call phone numbers with it as well, for a minimual fee. All and all it is usually a good service. Check it out at www.skype.com

It works well on both my Windows and Mac computers (I have yet to install it on Linux, but I think it works there as well).

Well, I was working today and behold! There was this French beauty asking me something in French. Well, I have to say, my French is not just rusty, it is all but gone. However, thank you Google Translation services!

Check it out:

femme - gazelle sexy rencontre tres sexe says: coucou comment ca va ?
Which roughly means:

Women - gazelle sexy sex encounter tres says: cuckoo comment ca va?
Some how, I bet coucou doesn't mean cuckoo (hey, machine translations aren't perfect, but you get the gist).

Well if anyone would like to contact this young lass (which is probably some young DUDE in Africa or the Philipines looking to Phish somebody), here is her picture



Don't let something like this to dissuade you from using Skype. I think it is a very useful and innovative tool. Just know there are spammers there as well (any free service you will get them).

That said, be well, and enjoy.

~Jeffrey

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You can alter your privacy settings to allow chat messages only from people on your contact list, which should prevent this kind of spam – hope that helps :)

Singing to Jeffrey's Tune said...

Thanks for the tip Peter!

Jim Aranas said...

For years, I struggled learning the French language mainly due to my busy schedule and tight budget. My goal is to speak and comprehend French like a native, and to find the best French teacher on Skype. I am really pleased that a website like http://preply.com/en/french-by-skype exists to help students like me find French teachers online. I get to learn 1 to 1 French lessons and converse with a very good teacher. I don't have to be physically present to go to a class. All I need is internet access and get online through Skype (free!). I want you to experience this. Check it out and see for your self :)