Sunday, October 21, 2007

I Helped Save Second Base

On Saturday morning, 10/20/2007 I helped the save the great American (and the world's!) second base. How did I do this you might ask? I did a 5K charity walk for Breast Cancer Awareness with my lovely bride. Now, Fort Myers is a small town in comparison to other cities, but these folks raised around $200K from what I heard (now I have not confirmed that number). I think the best part was the sheer number of women that turned out for the event. I mean, women really rally around this cause. You don't see men rallying around testicular cancer do you? Maybe that is why it amazed me the number of people there (men included). It was a fairly good time, even if exercise was involved.

In another part of the event that I thought was creative were the slogans on the t-shirts worn by the walkers. Some of the slogans included: "Precious Mammaries"; "I saved 2nd base"; "Save the tatas"; "I love boobs". However my wife wouldn't let me ask for any of the shirts. That leads to my great idea for making more money for the charity on the walks.

I think next year they should sell pink and white Mardi Gras beads to people along the walk route for say, $5. Then the walkers can earn those beads in true Mardi Gras fashion as they walk on by! I think next year their earning would be in the millions! My wife said I should present that to the committee for next year. Kidding aside, the walk was really nice. Especially going over the Edison bridge.



Now in the middle of the river is an island for sale. I think if everyone that reads this blog could send me 2 pennies, then tell everyone they know about the blog to send me 2 pennies, and then they tell everyone they know about the blog to send me 2 pennies, and so on, and so on, and so on, I could buy that island. I would then take that island and turn it into a sustainable resort business (there are docks already on it) with all profits going for Breast Cancer Awareness. What do you say guys and gals? Help a brother to help a sister out?



All and all, if you get a chance to help save second base, do so! I did it for the "boobies"....

No comments: