Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Visit to Fort Lauderdale

In a recent visit to Fort Lauderdale, to visit my wife's aunts. I made a few observations.

I am at a loss about whether or not I like high rise buildings or not. I know they provide many people that could not afford a beach front with a place close, and they can have killer views of the water, but sometimes they destroy the skyline and remove the romanticism of the beach. What a conundrum.

That said, I did enjoy the flat trek across the everglades and alligator alley. Some say it is boring, but I find it peaceful... a little too peaceful, that I tend to fall asleep sometimes. Luckily, my lovely bride drove and I was able to work (nice having a flexible job like mine, even though I sometimes gripe about it. At this point, I think I am ruined to ever go back to a traditional office).

So... some observations about Fort Lauderdale:

  • It is older (in people and structures). In my case this can be good since I am fond of old buildings and renovating them.
  • There are lots more "adult shops" - making it come off a little more than sleazy in parts.
  • It is a Jaguar heaven. At a stop light, we had 5 Jags surrounding us.
  • There are WAY TOO MANY CIGARETTE butts in the sand on the beach. Come people, I know it has sand like an ash tray, but you don't have to be an ASHHOLE. Put the damn thing in your pocket and throw it away.
That said, here are the pictures!

From the Alley





I really like the clouds in FL. Fluffy, white and you can see so much of them.


The view from the balcony as the sun is beginning to rise.







Now, my panoramic is slightly off on the right side. It is hard to line them up sometimes.




Lastly, some closer shots of the beach on the A1A. This is one of the reasons people migrate here.




~Jeffrey

No comments: