Monday, September 29, 2008

One of my Favorite tech sites for practical uses of technology

A lot of technology I see is cutting edge. It has that "gee-whiz" factor that makes you glad you are a techie. However, many times the technology is so far ahead, that is has not had the cycle time to pervade into everyday use (or as I call it consumable uses, i.e. mainstream). Granted, this cycle time is getting shorter and shorter all the time.

That said, there are a few people out there that take their edgy work and make it practical for the everyday technie to consume and use. LumenLab is one such group.

They have 3 main components.

  1. A DIY video projector (for under $300 you can have an HD projector if you can find the parts). Pretty slick in my book.
  2. A small CNC device ($currently $599 from their kit).
  3. A robotic assembly in a modular design.
All and all, these guys need some advertising, so I am doing my part. BTW, I am working on the projector now, need one more part and my father is looking at the CNC.

Thanks to Daniel for showing me this cool site!

~Jeffrey

No comments: