Thursday, July 3, 2008

More about Jonathan Coulton (Code Monkey's song writer)

As I sent around what I thought was new find, my friend sent me the following email that I had to share:

"My kids can sing the main chorus of the song. Unfortunately, my son
concludes with "I love you, whores!" from the opening credits. I
probably shouldn't let him watch it anymore.

Jonathan Coulton is a fun songwriter. A lot of his more popular works
were done with World of Warcraft animation on YouTube. My kids love the
Spooky Doll and Your Brains videos. He also wrote the end credit song
for Portal. His folkish remake on Baby Got Back rockorz!"
Interesting this guy is that prolific. I find it fantastic that you can make a living being a song writer essentially for video games. Well everyone has their niche! Kudos to Mr. Coulton.

No comments: