Monday, July 7, 2008

The Studio's of Key West

In browsing people that hit my blog (and it is not many yet), I came across one that was a mail feed that intrigued me. I know, using this technology is kind of lurking, but I wanted to comment on their organization. The address was to The Studio's of Key West or www.tswk.org a non-profit organization that help artists show case their works by providing a creative climate for them to work (remember your 4 Creative P's - Press!). They also are giving back to the community through their creative kids program and their other programs and events.

After looking at what these people do, I was happy I saw them looking at my blog. It might have been a fluke from a google search, but it connected me to them (that is what the web 2.0 is about, connecting people and having them do something... web deux or web DO!).

Since this year we are skipping our yearly jaunt to the keys, which is usually Big Pine with jaunts to KW and/or one or 2 days on that magical island via the ferry from FMB). This is due to the birth of our little man, which I am ecstatic about. That said, I am not going to get to check their campus out. Or as they call it the mango tree house (incidentally was an old armory, great to see new creative life from something like that).

I really thought it was creative, the Art-O-Matic machines.

These are retrofitted and redone cigarette machines that dispense small original art works. A great new life for something that has had less then stellar former uses.


I could go on and on about this organization. I will say this. Their website is done quite well, artistically and functionally. A synergy of form and function. Kudo's on that.

If anyone is interested in joining, you can via here. I think I will once I eventually move to the Keys ("some day I will").....


~Jeffrey

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I unfortunately will miss Key West myself. The last time I went was my birthday and although the memories are amazing, I have to go elsewhere this year. And the next time we take a trip to KW with the little man, it will definitely be low key!

Singing to Jeffrey's Tune said...

Thanks D for the consideration. Even if we have to retire earlier due to little man's bed time, you don't! Take some time out to enjoy that bar scene to 4AM!